2019 MREA Annual Conference
Relating With Students Now
Join us at the 2019 MREA Annual Conference to find ways to better relate with students now. Teachers have long built relationships with students. But the importance and depth of those relationships are becoming even more critical to the ability for today’s students to learn, engage and achieve. Learn more about the research.
Lead a Workshop
MREA seeks dynamic presenters and workshop proposals to share best practices, solutions, and research. Learn more and submit.
SUNDAY, NOV. 17
4:00 PM Conference Check-in Starts
5:30 PM Light Dinner Buffet
7:00 PM Early-Bird Workshops
MONDAY. NOV. 18
7:00 AM Breakfast Buffet
8:15 AM Welcome & Opening Keynote Speaker
10:05 AM Breakout Sessions 1
11:10 AM Breakout Sessions 2
12:00 PM Lunch
1:30 PM Breakout Sessions 3
3:00 PM Mindstorm
4:15 PM Legislative Lessons & Social
6:00 PM Awards Banquet
7:30 PM Dessert & Conversation
TUESDAY, NOV. 19
7:30 AM Breakfast & Gallery Walk
9:30 AM Closing Speaker
10:30 AM MREA Annual Business Meeting
11:00 AM Prizes, Pick up CEUs & Send-off
Legislative Lessons: What’s Next for Rural Schools?
Sam Walseth has logged 18 legislative sessions lobbying at the Minnesota State Capitol and leading successful coalitions to improve equity in educational opportunities for rural students. He will provide an insider’s perspective on the 2019 legislative activities and share what’s next for rural schools.
Membership registration opens in July.
Non-member registration open in August.
Check back for details.
Lodging at Cragun’s Resort on Gull Lake
MREA has arranged a preferred lodging rate that will be honored until October 11. Accommodations are not included with the conference registration fee. Reserve your lodging today:
- Groups may reserve cabins rather than individual hotel rooms.
- Indicate room partners, cabin requests, dietary or accessibility needs, etc.
Don’t delay, as lodging filled early last year. Contact Cragun’s directly at phone 1-(800)-CRAGUNS regarding any lodging questions. Registration is online only.
Reach out during the Gallery Walk to increase your reach with professional educators while creating a strong network of associates. When you need to talk with school administrators and educators, Gallery Walk is your place to successfully connect. It’s held concurrently with breakfast on Tuesday, allowing vendors more interaction time with conference attendees.
Gallery Walk registration opens July 9 for members and August 15 for non-members:
- Exhibiting is included with full conference registration for MREA Associate/school district members and non-members. (Answer “yes” when asked during registration.)
- Gallery Walk for Associate/school district members without conference registration is $100 per person.
- Gallery Walk for non-members without conference registration is $500 per person; non-member registration including Gallery Walk is $600 per person.
- Registration closes October 15 or earlier if all spaces fill.
Plan Your Booth
- Booth displays must be set up by 7:15 am Tuesday. Set-up is from 8:00-9:30 pm Monday and 6:30-7:15 am Tuesday in the Event Centre.
- One 8 ft. long by 30” wide covered table and two chairs are provided. Skirting, dividers, and drapery are not provided.
- Electricity and WiFi are available at every table. Vendors should supply extension cords and power strips.
- Table-top banners and displays work best. Floor-standing banners and exhibits may be accommodated behind tables or replace tables.
- Booth set-up is flexible and must be contained within the space occupied by the table and chairs.
- Food preparation is allowed only with prior permission from Cragun’s.
- Vendors are provided breakfast before Gallery Walk opens.
- Booth take-down is allowed during the Closing Session and Business Meeting provided there is no disruption to these other conference activities.
- Booth giveaways are limited to $5 or less per individual to comply with Minnesota’s gift law for public officials.
- Bring a small stamp or sticker to validate participants’ Gallery Walk Passports after they visit your booth. Completed passports qualify schools to win additional prizes.