Registration has opened for the 2017 MREA Annual Conference on creating Future Ready Students. More than 40 presenters will share best practices, solutions, and research on this period of adolescent transition and readiness transformation. Members can take advantage of 3 ways to save:
- Save $60 per person when registering groups of at least 3 people.
- Save even more with Early Bird discounts when registering and paying for groups through August 4.
- Add a teacher to your school group of 3 people and pay only $125 for this 4th member. Call the MREA office for registration details.
The MREA Conference will provide two special extended sessions designed to provide a deeper insight on these key topics:
- Tools of the Trade: A Data-Driven Adventure to Guide Students
School counselors will explore numerous DEED labor market tools for discovering in-demand occupations, comparable local wages, future prospects, and relevant college programs.The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) will host this two-session hands-on workshop. It will run Monday during Breakout sessions I and II.
- Introduction to School Finance
This three-part series for new school board members will help explain some of the complexities of property tax levies, school referendum campaigns, and school financing. Conference participants can attend any or all of these sessions. Look for specially marked sessions.