PreK-3 Leadership Workshop Series
West Central Initiative invites teams from its member school districts and charter schools to spend three sessions learning and discussing essential PreK-3 program elements that will support their World’s Best Workforce goals and ESSA implementation. Be part of this intensive workshop series developed to ensure that:
- All Minnesota children are ready for school and schools are ready for children.
- Communities have an aligned PreK-12 Continuous Improvement Model inclusive of early care and education programs.
- All 3rd graders are reading at grade level.
Bringing the Distant Near: Global Book Club for Educators
Join a monthly discussion about an award-winning book and discuss how it can fit into teaching about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Books include:
- February 12 Dare to Disappoint Growing up in Turkey
- March 12 Salt Houses (Palestine)
- April 9 You Bring the Distant Near (India)
- May 14 Bronze and Sunflower (China)
See the February tab for more information on both series.
(9) PLT K-8 Educators Workshop (Bloomington)
(12) Global Book Club for Educators (Minneapolis)
(23) PLT Environment Experiences for Early Childhood Workshop (Bloomington)
(30-31) 2019 State Science and Engineering Fair (Brooklyn Center)
(3-24) PLC Spring Workshop: Sustaining a Collaborative Culture (5 locations statewide)
(4) PreK-3 Leadership Workshop Series (Fergus Falls)
(6) Project WILD Workshop for K-12 Teachers and Youth Leaders (Henderson)
(9) Global Book Club for Educators (Minneapolis)
(22-24) STEM at the Zoo (Apple Valley)