May: New Literacy and Dyslexia Graduate Course
In response to the recently adopted PELSB laws requiring all K-3 teachers to have training in teaching reading to all students including students with dyslexia (Section 125A.01 subdivision 2 and 120B.12 subdivisions 1-4), Bethel University is offering a new 3-credit asynchronous online graduate course, Science of Reading: Structured Literacy and Dyslexia (see Learn More in May tab below). Registration closes May 24.
Summer: Free Online Economics Professional Development
The Minnesota Council on Economic Education provides free K-12 resources and teacher professional development for teaching the MN academic economics and personal finance standards.
From Danny Dollar Academy for elementary grades to involving American Indian youth to teaching economics through a social justice lens, these webinars can make it easier for teachers to feel prepared to foster students’ economic and financial literacy skills. Learn more here.
(3-14) Why Treaties Matter Traveling Exhibit (Bagley) Learn more.
(6) NASA Webinar Series for Rural Educators (Online) Learn more.
(13-July 12) We Are Water MN Traveling Exhibit (Chisholm) Learn more.
(14) MREA Annual Conference Session Proposals Due Learn more.
(15) From Mountains to Lakes: Hmong Educational Forum (Online) Learn more.
(15) $10,000 Rural Schools Innovation Grants Deadline Learn more.
(25) Drama of Working with Young Children (Online) Learn more.
(25-Jun 29) Science of Reading: Structured Literacy and Dyslexia (Online) Learn more.
(12) MREA Annual Conference Registration Opens Learn more.
(15- Sept 13) We Are Water MN Traveling Exhibit (Pipestone) Learn more.
(26-28) Mississippi River Institute (Hybrid) Learn more.
(26-27) MREA Board of Directors Meetings (Detroit Lakes)
(26-30) Earth Science Teacher Education Project — 6th Grade (Bemidji) Learn more.
Check back later!