More than 80 member superintendents and business managers joined on online meeting June 29 to learn about new levy legislation passed during the MN Legislature 2015 Special Session. MREA hosted the session on the new Long-Term Facility Maintenance (LTFM) board-authorized equalized levy.
The meeting featured a great lineup of experts:
- Tom Melcher, MDE School Finance Division
- Greg Crowe, Ehlers, Inc.
- Mike Hoheisel, Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc.
In addition to LTFM, the meeting addressed Local Optional Revenue (LOR) with its effect of increasing the cap for equalized voter-approved referendums.
If you missed the meeting or need a refresher, get the information here:
View the webinar recording (starts at Tom Melcher’s presentation with slide 10).
Melcher provided projected facilities revenue for FY17–19. FY19 is slightly different than what was published earlier:
- FY17 Long-Term Maintenance Revenue Special Session Summary
- FY18 Long-Term Maintenance Revenue Special Session Summary
- FY19 Long-Term Maintenance Revenue Special Session Summary
- MREA Member Districts Eligible for Voter-Approved Equalized Referendum Increases
Melcher cautioned that these projections include many assumptions. However, until his department develops a tool to help districts achieve more precise estimates, these will provide a general sense of revenues available.