MREA has long advocated that school districts and teachers collaboratively develop teachers growth and evaluation plans that apply the state goals and mandates to your local context. If your district has not yet started to develop such a plan, or you feel you need a boost, teacher development and evaluation training is coming to a service cooperative close to you. Get your team together and sign up.
MREA thanks its member Service Cooperatives for hosting these important sessions and handling the registration details.
MSBA and Education Minnesota have partnered to develop a Joint Teacher Development and Evaluation training session. Both organizations agree that teacher development and evaluation plans should be implemented with an eye toward efficiency and elimination of duplicated efforts.
This training session models those beliefs by providing a hands-on and usable curriculum that can immediately be applied to efforts to reach agreement on a local plan. Time will be provided for joint union and district teams to work on their local plans. Please see the remaining schedule below.
Teams, (administrators, teachers, and school board members) should bring the following with them to the session: (1) School District Mission Statement, (2) School District Strategic Plan, (3) School District Goals (site goals, grade level goals, subject matter goals, etc.), (4) School District Curriculum (pertinent to the teacher team members attending) and (5) Current Teacher Evaluation Process.
- Tuesday, October 22 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Southeast Service Cooperative, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904 — call 507-288-1282 for registration information
- Thursday, October 24 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Metro Educational Cooperative Service Unit, 2 Pine Tree Drive, Suite 101, Arden Hills, MN 55112 — call 612-638-1500 for registration information
- Friday, November 1 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): South Central Service Cooperative, 2075 Lookout Drive, North Mankato, MN 56003 — call 507-389-1425 for registration information
- Tuesday, November 5 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): National Joint Powers Alliance, 202 12th Street NE, Staples, MN 56479 — call 218-894-1930 for registration information
- JUST ADDED! Wednesday, November 20 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): The Oaks at Eagle Creek, 1000 26th Avenue NE, Willmar, MN 56201 — hosted by Southwest/West Central Service Cooperative — call 507-537-2278 or 507-537-2294 for registration information
- JUST ADDED! Thursday, November 21 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Lakes Country Service Cooperative, 1001 East Mount Faith Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 — call 218-739-3273 for registration information
- Friday, November 22 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Resource Training & Solutions, 137 23rd Street South, Suite 201, Sartell, MN 56377 — call 320-255-3236 for registration information
- JUST ADDED! Tuesday, December 3 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Northwest Service Cooperative, 114 West 1st Street, Thief River Falls, MN 56701 — call 218-681-0900 for registration information