MREA seeks dynamic presenters to share best practices, solutions, and research at the 2018 Annual Conference on Engaging Students Now. Presenters will have the opportunity to positively impact more than 400 rural education leaders from across Greater Minnesota. Proposals are due May 18.
2018 Annual Conference: Engaging Students Now
Cragun’s Resort, Brainerd
Engage Students in Learning Process
As competition for student engagement in the learning process has changed over the years, the biggest hurdle for any school or teacher is finding ways to make learning relevant, authentic, and valuable in students’ lives. How do we evaluate whether what we are doing in our classrooms is truly worth being engaged in?
Effective student engagement is not about quick fixes, but rather instrumental changes in our teaching philosophy. MREA seeks student engagement and rural education presentations that will:
- Share promising strategies, tools and best practices
- Demonstrate innovative ideas and solutions and what’s possible
- Challenge the experienced rural educational professional
Presentation Focus Areas
Focus areas for Sunday evening early bird and Monday breakout sessions are:
- Curricular design that engages and builds understanding
- Instructional practices that engage and empower students
- Classroom management strategies/programs
- Personalizing learning
- Taking learning beyond the classroom
- Sharpening the saw: strategies for educator continuous improvement
- Additional topics such as school safety and teacher license renewal requirements
Apply to Present
Proposals are due by 5 pm on Friday, May 18.
April 9: Call for Presenters Opens
May 18: Deadline to Submit Proposals
June 15: Presenter Notification Begins
June 30: Presenter Commitment Deadline
Questions? Call the MREA Office at (320) 762.6574.