MREA seeks dynamic presenters and workshop proposals to share best practices, solutions, and research at its 2019 Annual Conference: Relating with Students Now. Presenters will have an opportunity to inspire more than 400 rural education leaders from across Greater Minnesota.
Proposals are due April 30.
2019 Annual Conference
Relating with Students Now
Sunday-Tuesday, Nov. 17-19
Cragun’s Resort, Brainerd
MREA seeks student relating and rural education presentations that will:
- Share promising strategies, tools and best practices
- Demonstrate innovative ideas and solutions and what’s possible
- Challenge the experienced rural educational professional
Presentation Focus Areas
MREA is interested in breakout session proposals that help educators and communities meet students where they are and create a culture of mutual respect and learning – while acknowledging nuances in values and priorities:
- Positive school climate, classroom management and creating emotionally safe learning spaces
- Family and community engagement and communication (Early Childhood, Building Effective PTO/PTAs)
- Implementing mental health service delivery models
- Engaging children and families from communities of color and other cultures
- Providing after-school opportunities that enrich and strengthen students
- Addressing mandatory requirements for Minnesota teacher license renewal
- Student and school safety
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Understanding school board responsibilities
Apply to Present
Proposals are due by 5 pm Tuesday, April 30.
April 1: Call for Presenters Opens
April 30: Deadline to Submit Proposals
June 1: Presenter Notification Begins
June 30: Presenter Commitment Deadline
Questions? Learn more in the Call for Proposals. Call the MREA Office at (320) 762.6574.