The MREA Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the Distinguished Service Award to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to rural education. Nominations are due Friday, July 10.
MREA will honor award recipients at the MREA Annual Conference Banquet on Nov. 16.
The MREA Board established the Distinguished Service Award in 2003 and seeks to recognize individuals who have demonstrated contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- The development of leadership potential of rural youth and adults in a rural district or region
- The enhancement of rural community development
- Support and assist in furthering the effectiveness of communications between local school districts and business/industry, governmental agencies, and/or institutions of higher education
- Facilitation of sharing and partnerships among schools and between schools and the private sector
- Support of legislation to enhance rural school/education
- Recognition and support of exemplary practices and individuals
- Promotion and advocacy of rural education
- Leadership in the development of rural education-related conferences and workshops
Apply yourself or nominate someone else by mailing the nomination form by July 10, 2015.