The Minnesota Department of Education has asked school leaders to prepare for three learning models in the next school year.
- In-person learning for all students
- Hybrid model with strict social distancing and capacity limits
- Distance learning only
MDE released specific guidance on scenario on June 18 and, with the Minnesota Department of Health, provided a framework for localized, data-driven decision-making on July 30. View full Safe Learning Plan.
Latest News & Resources
Gov. Walz Outlines Plan to Allow All Elementary Students to Return to In-Person Learning
These set the stage and parameters for all other guidance.
- One-page overview
CDC Guidelines PDF (Print and keep close.)
- Expanded web page version with links for more details on many topics
CDC Expanded Guidelines for Reopening Schools
- Short video (4 minutes) for staff and parents to provide overview of realities of re-opening school with COVID-19
Video by Education Week reporter Evie Blad
- Other considerations from the CDC
CDC Considerations for Schools (Updated May 19)