Your testimony can have a real impact on legislation in Minnesota. In this short video, MREA Director of Legislative Affairs Sam Walseth shares what you need to know when testifying at the Capitol on an education issue that matters to you.
- Start by introducing yourself, including your name, role and organization.
- Write out your testimony ahead of time.
- Keep your comments short (“2-minute drill”).
- Focus on one key message you want to leave legislators with.
- Share your story on the specific impacts of the legislation.