Are you prepared for the effects of ACA? The Service Cooperatives are hosting training for superintendents and business managers. MREA thanks its member Service Cooperatives for hosting these important sessions and handling the registration details.
MSBA, Eide Bailly, National Insurance Services and the Minnesota Service Cooperatives have created a training session that will briefly recap the current ACA requirements and will provide participants with possible solutions to their districts’ planning processes, their districts’ ability to address concerns/issues relative to highly compensated employees, and their districts’ existing health insurance offerings.
Superintendents and business managers are encouraged to attend this three-hour training opportunity. Attendees should have knowledge of the health benefits provided for all employees of the school district. We encourage attendees to bring school district master agreements and labor contracts, which could provide beneficial information during discussion periods.
Attendees should also have a basic understanding of the Affordable Care Act as this information will be covered briefly. Here is the upcoming schedule:
- Monday, October 21 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Southeast Service Cooperative, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904 — call 507-288-1282 for registration information
- Wednesday, October 23 (10 a.m. to noon): Southwest/West Central Service Cooperative, 1420 East College Drive, Marshall, MN 56258 — call 507-537-2240 for registration information
- Wednesday, October 30 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Country Inn & Suites, 1900 Premier Drive, Mankato, MN 56001 — hosted by the South Central Service Cooperative — call 507-389-1425 for registration information
- Thursday, November 14 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): MASBO Fall Conference at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 — call 651-290-7485 for registration information
- Friday, November 15 (8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.): Metro Educational Cooperative Service Unit, 2 Pine Tree Drive, Suite 101, Arden Hills, MN 55112 — call 612-638-1500 for registration information
- JUST ADDED! Monday, November 18 (Time TBD): Resource Training & Solutions, 137 23rd Street South, Suite 201, Sartell, MN 56377 — call 320-255-3236 for registration information