Five of the state education task forces established by the legislature last session have begin work. The appointments announced to date reveal rural Minnesota is under represented in these task forces focused on key issues in our state.
The legislature called for seven task force or councils. These task forces address complicated issues which have competing interests in how the issues are addressed.
MREA will be tracking the work on these task force closely, especially since they have little representation from rural Minnesota in their membership.
Learn more about each Task Force:
- Career Pathways and Technical Education Advisory Task Force
- Teacher Licensure Advisory Task Force
- School Facilities Financing Working Group
- Standard Adult High School Diploma Task Force
- Special Education Case Loads Task Force
- Online Learning Council has not been announced yet.