More than 10 breakout sessions at MREA’s 2016 Annual Conference: Making Teaching Matter will explore different strategies for educators’ continuing professional and personal growth.
Making Teaching Matter will offer more than 35 sessions total and provide plenty of networking and development opportunities for teachers, administrators, school board members and other education professionals. Learn more and register.
“Professional Development and Support” Sessions
These sessions will focus on professional development and support:
- Concurrent Enrollment: Staying Strong and Committed in Minnesota (Megan Adamcyzk, Paul Preimesberger, Kim Guenther, Pakou Yang)
- Education’s Silent Opponent: Toxic Stress … Changing Everything (Tanya Yerigan, Sam Woitalewicz)
- Making your Collaborative Teams More Effective (Becca Lindahl, Steve Cairns, Tim Lutz)
- Online 18 – Preserving Concurrent Enrollment (Boyd Bradbury, Jeremy Kovash, Lisa Karch)
- Innovative Para-to-SPED Teaching Initiative (Rhonda Bonnstetter, Mary Palmer)
- Mentoring in Action – Moorhead’s Mentoring Program (Eileen Weber, Sue Knorr, Carolyn Lillehaugen, Courtney LaLonde, Shirley Johnson)
- Preparing Early Childhood Teachers: A Collaborative Online Licensure Program (Layna Cole)
- Student Growth Measures in TDE/QComp (Tyler Livingston, Michael Foster)
- Who Ya Gonna Call? Stress Busters: Because YOU Matter (Wendy Schoolmeester, Mary Risacher)
- Why We Play/Teach (Matt Percival)
- QComp/ATPPS Deep Dive Strand (Jodi Olson, Tyler Livingston)
National Teacher of the Year to Keynote
Sarah Brown Wessling, National Teacher of the Year, has been selected as the keynote speaker for MREA’s 2016 Annual Conference. Join us at the conference to explore with Wessling and other education professionals how we make teaching matter in today’s educational environment. Learn more about Wessling.
Register Your Team Today
A team of 3 people from the same school district or educational organization can attend the entire conference for only $645. Additional group participants are only $175 each. Participant names can be updated later; simply secure your 3 spots with “TBD.”
Register yourself or a team today.
Special thanks to these MREA Associate Members for their additional membership support:
- Foster, Jacobs & Johnson, Inc.
- National Joint Powers Alliance
- Robert W. Baird & Company
- Hiller Commercial Floors
- InGensa, Inc.
- I+S Group
- Johnson Controls