Congressman Tim Walz introduced the Small Town and Regional Vitality Investment Act to provide federal funding to small towns to help them address major issues facing their communities and strengthen their region.
City councils and schools can support this legislation by passing a resolution supporting this initiative. These resolutions can be shared with Congressman Walz’s office.
The legislation could provide support to address needs such as:
- Affordable, quality child care and early childhood education options
- Public infrastructure investment, such as waste water treatment facilities and substance abuse treatment centers
- Sufficient housing opportunities for the local workforce
- reliable, high-speed internet
- Increase in health care services, including mental health care, and affordable health insurance options
- Increase in skilled, experienced workers
- Increase in amenities like art and music, sports, bike trails, and other outdoor recreational opportunities