Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA) welcomes proposals to share knowledge and best practices during our 2015 Annual Conference, Great Beginnings: When Learning Starts Early, Inspires, Applies. The deadline to submit a proposal is 5 pm Friday, May 22. Complete the Proposal Submission Form.
About Conference Participants
The MREA Annual Conference is designed for education professionals who serve primarily as teachers, principals, other administrators, superintendents, and school board members across Greater Minnesota. This conference will also feature representatives from businesses, governmental institutions and other nonprofit allies. Topics on the conference agenda will span a broad range of ideas and expertise. Registration is projected at over 250 attendees.
Plan Your Session
To ensure the highest quality sessions for the conference, the planning committee will place priority acceptance on the following breakout session proposals:
1. Session content that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the content and focus area
2. Sessions that incorporate contemporary adult education styles and formats
3. Sessions that demonstrate a clear understanding of the Greater Minnesota rural audience
If you are a consultant or employee of a for-profit company, we encourage you to include a rural school representative as a co-presenter so session participants will have a direct connection through a peer presenter. In some cases, sessions will be accepted on the condition that a rural school representative co-presenter will be added to the line-up.
- Presenters must provide their own laptops, an electronic copy of the presentation, handouts, and audio speakers (if needed).
- MREA will provide LCD projectors, projection screens, and wireless mics, along with a speaker table with electricity and wireless internet.
- Breakout sessions are generally set for 40-70 people.
- Copies of presentations (Powerpoints, etc.) are due October 1.
MREA does not coordinate travel logistics, reimburse for mileage or hotel expenses, nor provide an honorarium. However, presenters can make their own hotel reservations with Cragun’s and take advantage of the conference preferred lodging rate.
Reduced Registration Fees for Accepted Presenters
Presenters can register for the full 3-day conference for only $100 (maximum 2 presenters per session at reduced rate), a $125 savings off the regular registration fee:
- The full conference package starts with a light dinner Sunday evening and concludes with door prize drawings at 11:30 am Tuesday.
- All sessions and meals are included. Any additional presenters beyond 2 must pay the full fee, depending on their package.
If you are not able to join us for the full conference, be our guest for the Monday portion of the conference with free Monday-only registration:
- This will include breakfast and lunch as well as all sessions up to the evening Awards Banquet.
- Tickets for the evening banquet can be purchased for $40.
Registration opens in July. Candidates selected to present will be provided with special registration codes.
Submit Proposal by May 22
To submit a proposal you will need to know:
- Session title and description
- Focus area and primary audience
- Learner outcomes and evidence of success
- Contact information for both primary and co-presenter
MREA will contact presenters in late June to notify them of their acceptance; please tentatively reserve November 15-17 on your calendar.