MREA SUPPORTS LEGISLATION WHICH …
PUTS LEARNERS FIRST
How will the policy be focused on the needs of learners?
How will it increase opportunities for student achievement?
How will it challenge each learner towards achieving his/her potential?
How will it achieve equity of educational opportunity and funding for all?
How will it increase student achievement?
How will it invest public money efficiently and effectively?
How will it encourage cooperation and flexibility to best meet the needs of learners and communities?
MEMBERS CAN MEASURE OUR EFFECTIVENESS IF WE ARE…
- being a key player in education policy
- continually redefining education from the greater MN perspective
- presenting a positive, achievable program to the Legislature
- sponsoring and shaping legislation
- promoting educational equity, quality and accountability
- serving as a liaison with member districts on their individual priorities
- analyzing demographic trends and their impact on rural MN
- championing continuous school improvement and performance funding
- working for improvements in student education
- breaking down and conveying issues through a variety of media
- modeling telecommunications within the MREA organization
- hosting an annual conference and area meetings
- convening experts around issues
- encouraging creativity, thinking, and getting out of the box
- highlighting and sharing best practices
- providing resources and information about unique/innovative delivery models
- focusing on methods which motivate and facilitate learning
- forming coalitions wherever possible
- empowering leadership throughout the organization
- expanding and serving membership
- defining evolving roles for board/administration/teachers
- strengthening teacher and community representation in MREA
YOU CAN HELP.
- Talk to your legislators – invite them to your schools and facilities
- Respond to action alerts, include your board and staff
- Tell your story – you do not need to be a “lobbyist”