Thirteen individuals are vying for three open positions on MREA’s 2017 Board of Directors. Three of MREA’s four membership zones will each have one open position for terms effective January 1, 2017. The positions will run from 2017-2020.
Candidates will be introduced at the MREA Annual Meeting on November 15, and ballots will be mailed late November to each full member. Administrator, school board, and teacher groups in each full member district will each have one ballot to cast their votes for open positions in their respective zones.
Update 11.21.16: There is a new vacancy in the South Central zone for a School Board representative. Learn more.
Vacancies and Candidates
NORTH CENTRAL ZONE
AT-LARGE REPRESENTATIVE (4-YEAR TERM)
- Lance Bagstad, Superintendent @ Park Rapids Schools
- Ron Bratlie, Superintendent @ Rothsay Schools
- Brandon Lunak, Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations @ Moorhead Schools
- Kris Lyons, School Board Chair @ Moose Lake Schools
- Reed Reinbold, School Board Member @ Henning Schools
- Aaron Sinclair, Human Resources Director @ Little Falls Schools
- Darrell Stolle, Concordia College, Moorhead (application withdrawn)
- Shawn Yates, Superintendent @ Ada-Borup Schools/Norman County West Schools
SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE
ADMINISTRATOR REPRESENTATIVE 4-YEAR TERM
- Kyle Edgerton, Superintendent @ Campbell-Tintah Schools
- Luther Heller, Superintendent@ Montevideo Schools
SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVE (4-YEAR TERM)
- Jim Grabowska, School Board Member @ St. Clair Schools
- Micheal Hamilton, School Board Member @ Plainview-Elgin-Millville Schools
- Katie Youngberg, School Board Member@ Waseca Schools