If your school is struggling to meet challenges posed by a growing teacher shortage, plan to attend MREA’s 2016 Annual Conference: Making Teaching Matter. Breakout session presenters will showcase successful ways to adapt teacher recruitment efforts and to keep your teachers engaged and committed for the long term.
Making Teaching Matter will offer nearly 40 sessions in total and provide ample networking and development opportunities for teachers, administrators, school board members and other education professionals. Learn more and register.
“Recruitment, Recognition, & Retention” Sessions
These sessions will focus specifically on recruiting and retaining your best talent and help you dedicate resources to strengthening your team of teachers:
- Smart Solutions to Minnesota’s Teacher Shortage (Sara Ford, Justin Killian)
- Crisis in AgEd: Recruitment and Retention Efforts (Sarah Dornink, Dr. Amy Smith)
- Who Saw the Sparkle? (Dr. Dana Carmichael)
- Post and Pray? Not Today! (Sarah Mittelstadt, Lisa Ellingson, Tammy Stahl, Abby Carlson)
- Attracting Young Talent to the Education Profession (Maxine Peterson)
- What’s the Buzz about Co-Teaching? (Teresa Washut-Heck, Molly Vogt)
- Teacher Leadership: Maximizing Your Human Capital (Dr. Mike Coquyt, Dr. Julie Swaggert)
- Mentoring in Action — Moorhead’s Mentoring Program (Eileen Weber, Carolyn Lillehaugen, Susan Knorr, Courtney LaLonde)
- QComp/ATPPS Deep Dive Strand (Jodi Olson, Tyler Livingston)
National Teacher of the Year to Keynote
Sarah Brown Wessling, National Teacher of the Year, will deliver the keynote at MREA’s 2016 Annual Conference. Join us at the conference to explore with Wessling and other education professionals how we make teaching matter in today’s educational environment. Learn more about Wessling.
Register Your Team Today
A team of 3 people from the same school district or educational organization can attend the entire conference for only $645. Additional group participants are only $175 each. Register yourself or a team today.
Special thanks to these MREA Associate Members for their additional membership support:
- Foster, Jacobs & Johnson, Inc.
- National Joint Powers Alliance
- Robert W. Baird & Company
- Hiller Commercial Floors
- InGensa, Inc.
- I+S Group
- Johnson Controls