The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) released today guidelines for high school graduation ceremonies.
Key takeaways from this new guidance:
- Recommended to conduct remotely and ensure attendees do not need to leave their homes
- No gatherings in a gymnasium or on a football field
- Outlines what schools need to consider for a safe celebration outside of the home, such as a car parade or a parking lot ceremony
MDE developed this guidance coordination with the Minnesota Department of Health.
See guide to hosting a virtual graduation ceremony.
Other ways to recognize seniors:
- Banners or posters
- Lawn signs for seniors
- Spotlight on social media
- Partner with local media to highlight
- Billboards or other community signs
Stay apprised of resources and news on COVID-19 for schools at: MREAvoice.org/covid19