MSHSL Seeks Student Participation for “Together We Make a Difference” Initiative
Educational leadership organizations from across the state have committed their support to an action plan that is designed to provide the opportunity for all students to attend school, learn and participate, in safe and respectful environments free from racial, gender and religious harm. Broad student participation is important and elevating their voices in this work is paramount to its success.
You can ensure students in your high school participate in “Together We Make a Difference” by attending one of seven regional meetings. The regional meetings will utilize the World Café process and are designed to engage students and elevate their voice with the goal of creating safe, supportive school environments in which to learn and participate in activities.
To register students from your school, complete the registration below or share this information with the appropriate administrator or staff member in your high school and have them complete the registration process. Registrations are due one week prior to the event or when the event is filled.
Together We Make a Difference World Café Regional Meeting Information
Regional Meeting Schedule Registration Deadline
- Sept. 14: Detroit Lakes High School Sept. 8, 2022
- Sept. 15: Grand Rapids High School Sept. 8, 2022
- Sept. 20: Rochester, Century High School Sept. 13, 2022
- Sept. 27: St. Cloud Tech High School Sept. 20, 2022
- Sept. 28: North High School, North St. Paul Sept. 21, 2022
- Sept. 29: St. Louis Park High School Sept. 22, 2022
- TBD: Southwest Minnesota Site
Whom Should I Send
High school students who are leaders or emerging leaders in your school. Students should represent their student body,
participate in activities and/or athletics and be a catalyst for positive change in your school community.
What to Expect
Students will be placed in a table group with 6-7 of their peers and will be expected to listen, share their thoughts, and
engage in discussion with respect and an open mind.
Approximately 8:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. Specific times will be communicated to participating schools once registrations
Maximum Number of Participants
- Each school may bring up to 10 student participants. You will be contacted directly if there is an opportunity to
bring more than 10 students from your high school.
- Each school must bring at least one adult chaperone. Schools may bring additional chaperones.
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided to all participants. Lunch will not be provided.